spring time

July 15, 2011

The other day we had a visitor!  Sheena Eaton and her little girl Ellie came by to say hi.  We had a great time visiting and catching up.  David and Ellie got along great, sharing toys and having a blast!


Uncle Chad and David 'jumping' on the trampoline.

Now on a sad note, my Grandfather passed away this month.  The funeral was beautiful and almost everyone from the family was there.   At the cemetary they had a 21 gun salute and a bugler played taps in the distance.  It was very good.  I will always remember my grandpa and miss him very much, but I KNOW that I WILL get to see him again.  My grandpa was a very loving person.  There isn't anyone who wasn't his friend.  Love you Grandpa!



In front; RJ Best, Shaun Smith, Paul Brinkerhoff, in back: Austin Best, Lee Eaton and Tait Sorenson (you can't see him behind Paul.)   




After the funeral, things got a little crazy!  People decided it was a time to celebrate life and went out in the street and danced!  The neighbor from across the street (who is a good friend to everyone)  showed us how to do her chicken dance. It was really fun.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

Sorry for your loss Maylene. May you and your family feel lots of comfort at this time knowing what you do. ;) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is neat how your family decided to celebrate life :) I bet your grandpa would've liked that. You're boy is getting SO big!