spring time

December 3, 2012

Lazy day

Today seems to be a lazy day.
This morning we sent out a package to Josiah's sister. She is on a mission in Brazil! So far away. We were able to send a small package to her. You could fit 3 DVDs and a candy bar in there. Not very much room at all. We were able to fit some things that she wanted and that is too expensive to buy over there. I hope everything gets to her!
On the way to the post office we saw a new store on the Blvd. It looked kinda fun from the outside so when Josiah went in to mail the package I took the kids and walked down to the new store. It was good to get out and stretch my legs. The new store is just a continuation Urban Renewal. It was fun to go in there and lose myself just looking at everything. I got so many new ideas for crafts! There were some picture hanging things that looked like something I could make. Josiah found an accordion that looked fun. But it was wayyyy to much for us.
At the moment Caleb is sleeping, David is watching a show and Josiah is at work. I also has a load of laundry in! Time for a break!?! I think so.
I did a little craft project last night after the kids went to bed. I cut the letters J O Y out of an old cereal box and wrapped Christmas yarn colors around each one. Now to find the perfect spot to hang them. I won't be putting up the Christmas tree till after David's birthday later this month. It will need to be up off the floor so that Caleb doesn't get into it!
This Christmas I'm doing a count down with books for David to read. I've wrapped up 25 books. Some Christmas and some are his favorite ones to read. Each night before bed David gets to choose a present to unwrap and then we go read that book. So far he really likes it! I also have a felt Christmas tree that he gets to pick out a ornament and put that on the tree too, to help count down the day to Christmas.
I sure do love being a stay at home mom. I get to do all these fun crafts with David and some day Caleb too when he gets a bit older. I am so blessed that Josiah is able to work and let me stay at home with my wonderful boys.
So, today is a wonderful lazy day and I love it! :)

No comments: